Information and communications technology, ICT for short, is technology in the area of information and communication. The abbreviation ITK, which arose from the merging of the terms and the IT and telecommunications sectors, is customary in the service, retail and manufacturer sectors.
In a broader sense, "information and communication technology" means any communication application, including radio, television, mobile phones, smartphones, hardware and software for computers and networks, satellite systems, and the various services and applications associated with them.
What is IT infrastructure?
IT infrastructure is the components required to run and manage enterprise IT environments. Such an IT infrastructure can be implemented in a cloud computing system or in company-owned and technology solutions facilities.
The components mentioned include hardware, software, network components, an operating system and data storage.
They are all used to provide IT services and solutions. IT infrastructure products are available as software applications for download (such as Software Defined Storage) and run on existing IT resources or are offered by service providers as online solutions such as IaaS (Infrastructure-as-a-Service).
What components does the IT infrastructure consist of?
Hardware Hardware includes servers, data centers, PCs, routers, switches and other devices. In the broadest sense, this also includes the systems that house, cool and supply the data centers with electricity.
Software Software refers to the applications used by a company (such as web servers), content management systems and operating systems.
Sitting between applications and hardware, the operating system makes the connections between your software and physical resources. Networking Connected network components enable network execution, management, and communication between internal and external systems.
The network consists of the Internet connection, network activation, firewalls and security, and the hardware (such as routers, switches, and cables).
IT infrastructure types
In this type, the components – such as data centers, data storage and other equipment – are all owned and managed by the company in its own facilities. Traditional infrastructure is considered very expensive and requires a large number of hardware components (such as servers), as well as electricity and floor space.
The term cloud infrastructure refers to the components required for cloud computing. This allows you to develop a private cloud independently with the resources made available to you.
Also, if you decide to rent a public cloud infrastructure from cloud providers such as Alibaba, Amazon, Google, IBM or Microsoft. Alternatively, you can add workload portability, orchestration, and multi-cloud management to your solution to create a hybrid cloud.
Hyper Converged infrastructure
With hyperconverged infrastructure, you manage your computing, network and storage resources via a central interface. By bundling software-defined compute and data storage, you can support even more modern workloads with scalable architectures on industry-standard hardware.
management IT infrastructure management includes the coordination of IT resources, systems, platforms, environments and employees. Here are some of the most common types of technology infrastructure management:
- Operating system management: Monitors environments that run on the same operating system and provides all necessary components for content, provisioning, patches, updates and subscription management.
- Cloud Management: In this type of environment, all the important infrastructure components, like endpoints, collected data, used applications and security solutions are running and managed in a cloud
- Virtualization Management: Offers an interface between virtual infrastructure and the actual physical hardware that is applied. This makes the management of resources easier and offers more efficient data analysis
- IT Operations Management: Business processes that are occurring again and again or are in some form predictable can be analized and structured in this type of infrastructure
- IT Automation: Repeated instructions and computer processes are automized to make the required human interactions with the systems lesser. This is sometimes also called known infrastructure automation.
- API Management: APIs that connect applications and data internally and externally are distributed, governed, and analyzed efficiently
- Risk Management: Here, risks are identified and strategies are developed that help to control them and avoid possible damage resulting from these risks.
What is internal communication?
Internal communication is an essential pillar of corporate communication. In contrast to PR, internal communication focuses on like تقنية المعلومات internal dialogue.
The aim is to optimize the organizational processes in the company and to inform and motivate employees.
Especially in times of increasingly flexible work models, it is a challenge to plan communication with employees. The internal communication of a company fulfills several purposes:
- Information and knowledge transfer
Passing on of internal company information and knowledge (e.g. on health services and contact persons); Facilitate the onboarding of new employees, increase transparency
Exchange between employees and supervisors or managers (e.g. feedback discussions that go in both directions)
- Motivation and loyalty
Strengthening identification with the company (e.g. through a feedback culture, appreciation and recognition of the performance) and employer branding.
Internal communication tools
There are many ways to improve internal communication:
- Workshops and seminars
- appraisals Intranet or social intranet (personal profiles, blogs)
- Bulletin board
- Circulars, newsletters, e-mails
- Wikis (e.g. for text templates,for vacation requests)
- Social media channels (e.g. closed Facebook groups)
- Tools for (anonymous) employee
- feedback Chats, instant messaging (e.g. through Slack)
A well thought-out selection of communication tools offered by Mojawasia can prevent both the founders themselves and employees from being overwhelmed by a plethora of tools.
Moreover searching for information is so easy and uncomplicated. When new tools are introduced, they should be explained to everyone and their use actively demonstrated by managers.